Monday, July 12, 2010

The Second Day of Classes at BU

Sunday, July 11th, 7:30 p.m. ~ I'm back in my room for the night and I have had a killer backache today. I am not used to sitting so much and the chairs are not comfortable. A lot of other people are having the same problem.

Instead of telling you about my boring classes, I am going to focus on some of the fun things that I have seen while walking around the Merchant Mall and Concept Store.

First, I got a picture of the display with the new 3 Series machines. These machines will be replacing the activa line and are being marketed for the new sewer. Aren't the machines pretty? I get to sew on one tomorrow.




The next picture is what Bernina would like my notions display to look like, except for the Brewer sign.



I thought about saying this next picture was of the back of my head, but my hair still hasn't recovered from the face soap yet. It is actually a picture of Nina McVeigh sitting in front of a new 635 LE machine. Too bad you can't see her jacket. It is quite the piece of work with an enormous amount of cutwork. It looks very nice. I haven't really mentioned this new machine yet. I haven't had my hands on it yet.


The lady is the next picture is actually quite lovely. I should have let her know before I took the picture so she could smile. I was admiring her jacket. It is a new pattern from Indigo Junction and it just so happened that I ordered it right before I left for my trip. The embellishment around the collar and in the pocket has a raw edge. I think I would like to use the Bernina binding attachment and add a skinny binding to it. Just one more thing on my to-do list.



My last stop for the day was to go to the BU store and buy some Bernina branded merchandise for Judy and Gretchen. I actually bought a little goody for myself that I might use tomorrow. Here is a picture of the BU store as I was walking down the steps.

The last thing I will leave you with today are a few random shops that I took. Sorry the quality isn't great. The lighting was terrible. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment