Monday, July 12, 2010

Arriving in Florida

Hi Everyone,

This is the first entry in my new blog. I actually wrote all of the things that I have been doing and was going to post them to my website, but I decided to set up an actual blog. The posting times will be a little messed up as I am setting this blog up a little after the fact. Hey, you have to start somewhere.

Friday, 1:30 p.m. ~ I just arrived safe and sound at the Grand Cyrus Hyatt in Orlando. I have been up since 4 p.m. and I am very tired. My two flights to get here where pretty uneventful which is always nice and I didn't have very long to wait for the rental car. The weather is typical of Florida which is to say that it is very hot and humid.

Bernina University was in this hotel three years ago so I already know my way around a little bit. The merchant mall isn't in the same place as before and it is much smaller than normal. I think that might be because of the current business environment. It seems that some people have decided to stay away from BU this year. There seems to be a small turnout of dealers and merchants alike. I could be wrong. I will still find plenty to do and a lot of people to talk to.

I hardly have any time to look around because I have a Dealer Meeting a 2 p.m. This is the big event of BU. I will get to find out all of the new things that are coming out for the remainder of the year. Off to my meeting....

Friday, 7:00 p.m. ~ I am finally in my room and able to put my feet up. I shouldn't say it is a room, it is actually a condo. I need blueprints to find my way around. I have a full kitchen, two bedrooms, two baths and a living room. I feel extremely guilty to be using these big accommodations by myself.

My Dealer Meeting was actually pretty good. It was only about 3 1/2 hours and it was pretty fast paced. I got a lot of information about what to expect for the next 6 months from Bernina. The was supposed to go to a Welcome Reception tonight, but I was too tired, so I gave my ticket to someone else. I should sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment