Monday, July 12, 2010

The Last Day of Bernina University 2010

Monday, July 12th, 5:00 p.m. ~ My classes are over and all I have left to do is go to the Closing Banquet. This is always a nice dinner, where I eat too much and usually still feel full in the morning.


Today I turned in all of my orders for the fun, new merchandise I have been checking out for the last few days. It is going to be like Christmas at the store for the next few weeks.

There are a couple of new things I want to let everyone know about. I will try to post these things in the email as well.


  • OESD is bringing back the Holiday Promotion! This means that in September, October and November when you buy a certain amount (to be determined) of OESD product, you will receive a free holiday design pack. The ladies and I will be stitching out the new designs as soon as I get back.


  • The new 3 Series machines will be introduced in August. When you test drive a 3 Series machine, you will be registered to win a 3 Series BMW. Pretty cool, isn't it?


  • In the next few months there will be a lot of great opportunities to get a great deal on a new machine. Come in and see me if there is something you are interested in so I can get you the best possible deal


Today I got to sew on a the B380. It is going to replace the 240 in the current line. I had a great time making a little purse. Actually, I had so much fun that I am going to use all of the techniques I learned today and incorporate them into all of the clubs for the fall. We are always given a huge supply list for the hands-on classes that we take here. Today's class was the first time that I actually brought everything I needed for the project. Actually, the lady beside me had to borrow all of my stuff. I was happy to be the one that helped for a change.


Here is a picture of the little purse I made. It has a lot of fun techniques. I wouldn't have chosen the fabrics they did, but it was intended for a Next Gen (young) sewer, not a frumpy old lady like me.


I am actually getting a little homesick. I am ready to get home, see the hubby, pet the dog and get back to the store.

I will be back at the store on Thursday, even though I have it listed as "closed" on that day. I will probably just be in and out and reading my mail.

I hope to see everyone at the store soon.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Sandy. I liked looking at all the pictures and seeing all the sights! It's nice to know that Bernina is in good hands, financially! Maybe I'll be in when you return. Grace C.

    ReplyDelete